Sunday 22 May 2011



Under the Willow Tree


I sat under the willow tree 
With its branches mingled in my hair.
Its roots wrapped around my feet.
My eyes were drifting wanderers aboard
the changing wind.
Slowly, they moved
Towards the nearby lake where 
they departed.
I saw water walking on the rough ridges of land.
The water recedes, 
leaving me behind.
My heart sank in its fragile boat 
Buried by the small subtleties of falling water
Never to resurface beyond its watery grave.
The dimness of light casts over my eyes.
As the shadows of my past becomes
The reflection of myself at the far distance.
I realize 
I am already dead. 
                               
                                                                                         M.Z














Scarlet Sunset

Distant
The sky painted in layers of colors
Like sedimentary rock.
The sun once burning yellow,
Dipped in a sea of
Red crimson.
Disappearing behind the horizon. 
Buried by the calmness of the sea.
Colors changing in the sky.
Waves of orange, pink and green,
Painted by soft strokes 
elegantly unpredictable.
Blue and violet.
Time brings the darkness of night
As it fills the sky, 
Reminiscence of the sun
Only remains a faint memory of the distant past.

                                                                   M.Z


























































































































No comments:

Post a Comment